Retina E-Dition: Text With Continually Updated Online Reference, 3-Volume Set, 4E
- Publish Date: 2005-10-11
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Stephen J. Ryan MD;David R. Hinton MD;Andrew P. Schachat MD;Charles P. Wilkinson MD
Maximum reference power...for the life of the edition! Praised by JAMA as The most complete description of the development, structure, function, pathophysiology, and treatment of the retina and its diseases to be found anywhere, this monumental three-volume work puts all of today's scientific and clinical knowledge of the retina at readers' fingertips and on the web! This new, multimedia package enables you to consult the printed book AND a continuously updated web site for all of the very latest scientific and genetic discoveries, diagnostic imaging methods, drug therapies, treatment recommendations, and surgical techniques. The result is an indispensable ONLINE reference and diagnostic tool for generalists and specialists alike. Log on to www.retinatext.com for content updates fully searchable, downloadable text and electronic image collection 60+ minutes of procedural video clips and much more!
- Delivers the editorial expertise of four highly respected authorities, as well as contributions from internationally recognized leaders in visual science, ophthalmology, and vitreoretinal studies.
- Presents more than 3,800 superb illustrations (1,300 in full color) that capture all forms of retinal disease from every perspective.
- For the first time ever, a continuously updated online reference that provides maximum reference power to the reader.
- Includes a Multimedia Web Site available at www.retinatext.com containing value-added features such as regular content updates so the book never goes out of date searchable, downloadable text and electronic image library 60+ minutes of narrated surgical video clips reference linked to online source materials access to Mosby's Drug Consult compatibility with PocketConsult technology that enables you to download e-dition content to your handheld device and much more!
- Incorporates a multitude of new full-color images, 1300 in all.
- Offers the very latest information on the genetic basis of retinal disease, diagnostic retinal imaging, photodynamic therapy, and age-related macular degeneration.
- Examines the most recent advances in diagnostic indocyanine green angiography optical coherence tomography (OCT) and quantitative fluoroscein angiography macular translocation with 360 peripheral retinectomy surgery for diffuse macular edema due to multiple causes, including proliferative vitreoretinopathy artificial vision.
- Features a completely restructured section on age-related macular degeneration that includes epidemiology and risk factors prophylaxis and prevention knowledge gained from large clinical trials like AREDS proven and experimental treatments for AMD and pharmacotherapy.