Brand: Thomson Reuters Westlaw
Navigating Tribal Law: Leading Lawyers On Understanding The Unique Procedures, Intricacies, And Challenges Involved With Tribal Cases (Inside The Minds)
- Publish Date: 2012-12-01
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Multiple Authors
Navigating Tribal Law provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on key tips for understanding the intricacies of tribal regulations. Featuring experienced partners from law firms across the nation, these experts guide the reader through the laws governing various tribes and the history of tribal sovereignty. These top lawyers offer specific advice on applying laws to tribal cases, engaging in commercial transactions among tribes, and researching both tribal courts and their venues. From the Indian Civil Rights Act to the Indian Reorganization Act, these experts discuss tribal lawsuit immunities and stress the importance of seeking out guiding resources throughout one's practice. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this ever-evolving field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Frank R. Lawrence, Partner, Holland & Knight LLP - Reflections on Tribal Sovereignty and Sovereign Immunity
2. Jay P. Walters, Shareholder/Director, Fellers Snider Blankenship Bailey & Tippens PC - Litigating Disputes In Indian Country
3. Rob Roy Smith, Partner, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP - Understanding and Respecting the Process of Trying Cases in Tribal Courts: What Attorneys Need to Know
4. Richard J. Schroeder, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP - Advising Lenders of the Intricacies and Potential Hazards Involved in Participating in Commercial Transactions with Indian Tribes
5. Rory Dilweg, Partner, Tilden McCoy + Dilweg LLP - The Importance of Respecting Tribal Courts as Serious Venues and Understanding Their Unique Procedures
6. John F. Lomax Jr., Partner, Snell & Wilmer LLP - Locating the Appropriate Resources to Successfully Navigate the Unique Procedural Issues in Tribal Law
Appendix A: Resolution and Contract Provisions
Appendix B: Chicksaw Constitution
Appendix C: Order on Jurisdiction
Appendix D: Poole Response to Motion to Convene Elders Panel
Appendix E: Motion to Adopt Pre-Trial Schedule
Appendix F: Muscogee Creek Nation Gross Revenues Letter
Appendix G: Arbitration Clause for Loan Agreement Indian Tribe
Appendix H: Bulletin No. 93-3
Appendix I: Sovereign Nations Resolution No.