The Survival Food Handbook: Provisioning At The Supermarket For Your Boat, Camper, Vacation Cabin, And Home Emergencies
Publish Date: 2016-06-24
Author: Janet Groene
to cook without a kitchen and eat healthy foods for days, weeks, even months!
Whether youre camping, boating, traveling, or staying home, make sure you have enough food in case of an emergency. This book is your survival guide. Its not just about stocking up on provisions. Its about planning and preparing nutritious, delicious, easy-to-make meals under any circumstanceseven without fuel or electricity. Learn how to:
* Plan, shop, and stock your pantry for the long term.
* Buy the provisions you need inexpensively from your local supermarket.
* Extend the life of fresh, canned, and packaged foods.
* Create scrumptious, sustaining meals without a stove or fridge.
* Find the best back-up gear for cooking, storage, and water.
* Be prepared for anythingand eat healthy under any conditions.
This practical guide is loaded with essential pantry must-haves, shopping checklists, food safety tips, and expert advice on alternative cooking methods. Youll find dozens of ready-to-go recipes for makeshift main dishes, back-up breads, substitute spreads, even desperation desserts. So, if your boat loses power, your RV breaks down, your campground is snowbound, or your fridge is on the fitz, youll be totally preparedto eat, drink, and be healthywith The Survival Food Handbook.